- Compatible with the requirements stated for plastic outdoor gas boxes in BS 8499:2017.
- Clever Design – The units are fitted with tri-key cam locks and cover the existing meter box entirely giving the appearance of a new installation.
- Robust Construction – Stainless Steel construction greatly improves resistance to vandalism and wear and tear compared to GRP, greatly improving its service life.
- Colour – Available in RAL 8007 Brown, however can easily be repainted.
- Quick and Safe Installation – Installation takes as little as 10 minutes, does not require any specialist training, and does not require any interaction with the meter itself.
- Ritherdon Guarantee – All Stainless Steel door and frame units come with a 25-year guarantee.
Still don’t know whether this product is right for you?
Have your measurements ready and check out our selection guide here, or ask our automated chatbot system for a recommendation by clicking the blue icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
|Product Code||Product Dimensions|
(w x d, mm)**
|R24M Lid||473 x 341||2|
|R24H Lid||413 x 438||2|
|R24M Lid and Frame||466 x 331||4|
|R24H Lid and Frame||406 x 421||5|
|R24M Tall Lid and Frame||466 x 400 x 500(h)||7|
*Please note that to fix to your meter box, the dimensions must be no more than 20mm larger than your current meter box.
**Width refers to the distance from left-to-right, depth refers to the distance from front-to-back, and height refers to the distance from top-to-bottom.
Previously Ritherdon only manufactured and supplied replacement lids for this type of gas meter box. However, we now have three options for repairing them:
- Replacement lids – the R24M and R24H lids for repairing Mitras boxes and Hepworth boxes respectively.
- Replacement lid and frame units – if the damage to the body is too great simply to replace the lid.
- Replacement lid and body units for pre-payment meter boxes. (R24M Tall)
Delivery on Enclosures from Stock is 48hrs from receipt of order* or within 5 working days for finished stock that requires powder coating or adding alternative locks. As well as 5 working days for Natural finish from stock.
For larger quantity orders and for FireSeals (excluding any design time) the Lead Time is 3 working weeks.
*Any orders received need to be paid before the order is processed and lead times start.
We always work to despatch orders sooner if we can.