NH Approved RB Cabinets
- IP56 Rating – protected against dust and powerful water jets according to BS EN 60529.
- IK10 Rating – Can withstand impact energy 20J according to IEC 62262.
- Lock – NH Concentric Cam-Lock with three-point locking mechanism.
- Door Stays – All doors are equipped with locking door stays to facilitate maintenance.
- Standard Plinth – Must be installed on a plinth (350mm total height, buried 50mm above ground).
- Cable Entry – All models are open at the bottom for cable entry. Must be sealed as per instructions.
- 180° Door Opening – Allows for convenient and unobstructed access to equipment inside.
- 2° Sloped Roof – The NH RB cabinet roof is sloped down at 2 degrees away from the door.
- Backboard – 12 mm WBP plywood backboard (EN314.2 Class 2) for mounting equipment.
- Lifting Lugs – All models supplied with detachable lifting lugs.
- Optional Extras – Includes: shelving, 19” rack, heater kit, internal lighting, 6-way consumer unit, double 13A socket.
- Ritherdon Guarantee – All metalwork is guaranteed for 25 years.
The Ritherdon National Highways approved RB Cabinet follows closely on the design of the traditional range of Ritherdon RB Cabinets. As standard, NH RB Cabinets have an IP56 rating and don’t have any louvre vents. The NH RB Cabinet is fitted with a three-point locking mechanism, operated with the NH-supplied Concentric ‘T’ key. The NH RB Cabinet is to be installed on its corresponding NH RB Plinth. The cabinet comes fitted with a backboard and can be customised to fit requirements. Additional options include shelf kits, fixed 19-inch rack, heater kit, light kit, power distribution unit (6-way) and double 13A socket. See the options tab for more information on accessories available as well as National Highways part numbers for ordering.
The Ritherdon NH RB Cabinet Range is covered by testing performed according to the criteria specified by National Highways in MCE 2650, TR 1100, TR 2130 and TR 2180.
To find out more about these MCE and TR official documents, visit the Traffic Systems and Signing (TSS) Plans Registry to access the register of statutory approvals for traffic control equipment.
For further information on all Designs, standards and specifications please refer to National Highways.