The Cabinet Pedestal Standoff Base fit under the National Highways Cabinets and aid in the passage of cables into the cabinet while preventing moisture ingress and gas build-up from the ground.
The Cabinet Pedestal Standoff Base feature two Pedestal types depending on how the cabinet will be installed: onto the corresponding plinth (Extended 610 Plinth – please source separately), or using an underground chamber. The NH Pedestals feature access panels on the front and back allowing access to the cables, gland plates for the passage of cables and vents to prevent gas build-up. The NH Pedestal or Base is designed, manufactured, and tested according to the National Highways (also known as Highways England) TR 2638 specification.
- Ingress Protection IP24 rating
- Two Access Panels – To allow maintenance and routing of cables through the pedestal into the cabinet, locked with standard NH cabinet locks.
- Ventilation – To prevent natural gas build-up in the cabinet from the ground.
- Perimeter Seal – Neoprene provides an IP68 seal, preventing ingress of water and dirt between the cabinet and pedestal.
- 3 x Sealing Gland Plates – Each with 2 x 40mm holes, 2 x 30mm holes, 4 x 25mm holes and 4 x 20mm holes for cable passage into the cabinet, sealed with neoprene (IP68) and replaceable.
- Increased Versatility – Allows new cables to be terminated in the cabinet after installation without the need to bend new ducting into the cabinet.
- Can attach either to the Extended 610 Plinth or an underground Chamber (choose the model as required).
- Compliant with National Highways
- Made from stainless steel
- Ritherdon Guarantee – All metalwork is guaranteed for 25 years.
Product Acceptance Certificate
Cabinet Type 640 (Formerly 600C) Cabinet Pedestal Standoff Base
Certificate No. PAC/011/1/2021/03/23
Compliance with TR 2637 and the following National Highways specifications:
- TR 1100 General Requirements for Motorway Products
- TR 2130 Environmental Test Methods
- TR 2180 Paint and Finishes
The product is certified for operation in the following:
- Strategic Roads Networks
- Motorway Trunk Roads Network
- Non-Motorway All-purpose Trunk Roads Network