Permanent Supply Kiosk
- Two-compartment electrical enclosures for the permanent, electricity supply to a building.
- The PS60 kiosk is designed to house the supply and metering equipment rated at less than 100 amps.
- The larger PS300 kiosk is designed for larger power requirements (up to 430 A).
- The Permanent Supply Kiosks can be supplied in any colour (price may vary for certain colours).
- Much more cost-effective than constructing a masonry building and much more robust and therefore safer than plastic.
Delivery of a PS300 Permanent Supply Kiosk – Crane lifted (HIAB) to the site. All PS300 and TBS300 enclosures are delivered on HIAB delivery due to their size.
A Permanent Supply Kiosk is designed to move the equipment associated with a building’s electricity supply outside the property. This equipment typically includes the Distribution Network Operator’s (DNO’s) “service head” or cut out and, for larger supplies, their CT chamber. The Permanent Supply Kiosk has a separate compartment for this and another compartment for the user’s equipment (e.g. the meter(s), the distribution board etc).
The advantages of housing the electricity supply outside a property may be to save space that can be used more profitably. The supply enclosure can also be installed right on the boundary of the property (curtilage), meaning less installation work for the DNO and therefore less cost for the property owner.
Ritherdon electrical supply kiosk range
Ritherdon has designed and manufacture a range of stainless steel supply enclosures. They can be installed, ready for the DNO visit, very quickly.
For a single-phase supply to a building, we’d normally recommend the smaller RB600 or RB800 cabinet as the most cost-effective solution.
Where more power is required a two-compartment cabinet will probably be needed: one side for the DNO equipment and one for the distribution panel and metering equipment. A PS60 kiosk would be large enough for ~ 60 kVA.